OR Summer Sun Reveals Hot Reasons for Power Washing Homes and Decks
The unspoken foes of winter and spring leave your home and deck looking less than bright. And, this fact makes summer the ideal time to power wash. Better than a sprinkler on a temperature-rising afternoon, power washing revives tired facades of driveways, decks, siding and more. Yes, as summer barbecues, backyard baseball games and pool parties fall in your sights, pull out that power washer or contact a local professional to spruce up your property. After all, a sparkling clean deck and house nicely compliment crystal blue pool waters for all summer gatherings. Likely, you are thinking, “Do I have to?” The answer is no. But, consider a few reasons to be glad about power washing homes and decks in OR this summer.
Summer is Great Timing
The early rise and later setting of the sun bring longer days and extra energy to the summer months. While the beach, the park and outdoor play calls, this season also proves a perfect time to tackle those outdoor projects like power washing.
With the grime of spring behind you, these warmer months prove ideal for tackling this task. The longer days open opportunity to accomplish larger jobs such as cleaning decks and driveways. And, impending snow or falling leaves do not undo your hard work.
In fact, the mild weather of summer with its abundant sun and gentler rains means a power washed property stays clean longer. Without the snow storms and fall leaves and debris to clutter decks, once and done (for the season) is a reality. Plus, the moisture and pollen which diminish your home’s appearance remain at bay as well.
Your Space and Family Benefit
An annual power washing proves valuable to your home, patio, deck, garage, landscaping stone and driveway. While appearance is certainly improved, other benefits result as well. And, the health and well-being of your family come about with well-cared for spaces.
Mold and Mildew Defeated
The rise of summer temperatures brings out the mold and mildew on decks and siding, wood or stone. Unsightly and damaging to property, these foes disappear with proper power washing. Furthermore, the slick nature of molds which cause slips and their role in allergies and other health issues can be banished with a good cleaning.
Deck and Home Preserved
Removing mold and decaying materials from decking and siding preserves your property. These enemies of wood shorten the lifespan of your home and deck if left unaddressed. Also, power washing the garage floor protects your home from the grime and contaminants otherwise carried into the house.
Hiring a Professional
Still not convinced to pick up that power washer? Fortunately for you, hiring a professional is a viable option with an excellent return on investment. In fact, quality power washing services are better than DIY home and deck cleaning. Let’s find out why.
The Advantage of Hiring a Power Washing Expert
Retaining the services of a professional ensures a quality clean and saves you time, energy and possibly money in the long run. Remember that qualified professionals:
- Know the right amount of water pressure required to clean thoroughly without damaging siding, decking, concrete, asphalt or the environment. Broken windows, marred wood, and scarred concrete are possibilities for the inexperienced which add repair costs to the project.
- Update their equipment which brings state-of-the-art pressure washers to do the job. Even rental shop machines or your neighbor’s new power washer fail to compare to the quality.
- Use unique soap mixtures to effectively eliminate mold, mildew, and algae. Also, these cleaners lift dirt and debris from surfaces without the need for high pressure. And, lower pressure means less damage.
- Understand the power of the equipment and how to best use it while preventing injury to people. Many accidents occur to individuals unfamiliar with proper machine use. Trips to the ER are averted by hiring a professional.
- Get the job done quickly on your timetable. No need to perfectly time the weather with a free weekend or a day off work to fit in the task of power washing. Schedule it for a predictably nice day, and look forward to a clean home exterior.
What to Look for in a Professional
So, look to your local power washing expert to get the work done. But, be sure to do your research. When searching for someone to power wash your home or deck:
- Ask for recommendations through social media platforms or word of mouth.
- Get information on experience and whether the company is insured.
- Inquire as to the chemicals used.
- Listen for terms such as “low pressure” and “soft wash.”
- Look for reasonable quotes to complete the work.
- Pay attention to your intuition. If something seems off, go another way.
And, finally, relax by the pool while a professional brightens your house and deck.
Thank you for reading our blog! How can we help you? Contact us today.
We are a family operated business that specializes in roof repair, conversions, over layment and replacements. We take pride in the services that we provide and make sure that all of our customers are satisfied before the project is complete.